Co-Teaching between Two Licensed Teachers (SPED/GenED/EL)
Overview of Workshop:
Participants in this two-day Co-Teaching Train-the-Trainer workshop gain in-depth knowledge of research on co-teaching; they identify key personnel needed for successful implementation, learn ways to secure buy-in, discover the essentials of a co-teaching workshop, gain knowledge of co-teaching and co-planning strategies, and identify ways to support teachers engaged in co-teaching!
Workshop participants receive materials, activities and handouts along with PowerPoint presentations that can be used and/or modified to fit their school/district needs. Participants completing both days of training are licensed to use copyrighted materials in their school district.
This event will take place at the Best Western Plus Bloomington Hotel (by Mall of America). Special room rates are available to attendees.
Who Should Attend?
We recommend that districts/schools participate as a team, preferably with 3-5 colleagues of teachers/trainers/administrators that can implement and support the co-teaching model. The size of the team is dependent on the size of the district and scope of your program. A team can then discuss adaptations, modifications, changes, and implications for their own program. A team also provides support as participants return to their schools and begin to implement co-teaching. Co-Teaching should be a programmatic shift – not an individual initiative.
Those who attend the training typically return and provide leadership and professional development in co-teaching for your school district.
This is an enrollment Based Workshop
We must have 25 participants to hold the workshop. Once we have reached the minimum required, we will contact you so you may make your travel plans. Workshop is limited to 40 participants. Registration closes 3 weeks prior to each event date, or when all seats are filled.
Cost is $500.00/person
Cost includes workshop materials and workbook, breakfast snacks and lunch each day.Travel expenses, hotel expenses, and meals other than lunch are the responsibility the participants.
Upon registration, participants will be “Pre-Registered” for the workshop. Once the required enrollment is reached you will be notified and your registration will be confirmed. Workshop location and hotel details will be sent via email. Participants will be able to pay online or request an invoice to pay using your billing or PO system.
Only participants completing both days of training are licensed to use our copyrighted materials at their home district.
Workshop Schedule – Co-Teaching between Two Licensed Teachers (SPED/GenED/EL)
- Day 1 (Minneapolis, MN) - Scroll Down to Register
May 10, 2018
8:30 am - 4:00 pm
-The workshop begins promptly at 8:30 AM and ends at 4:00 PM. Light breakfast and coffee are served beginning at 8:00 and lunch is provided.
- Day 2 (Minneapolis, MN) - Scroll Down to Register
May 11, 2018
8:30 am - 3:00 pm
-The workshop begins promptly at 8:30 AM and ends at 3:00 PM. Light breakfast and coffee are served beginning at 8:00 and lunch is provided.
Venue Phone: (952) 854-8200
Venue Website: http://www.bestwesternbloomington.com/Address:
Best Western PLUS Bloomington Hotel by Mall of America is proud to host the following event:
Event: Co-Teaching Train the Trainer
Date(s): May 10 & 11, 2018 and/or May 21 & 22, 2018
Rate: $109.00 +tax/night.
For reservations call: (952) 854-8200
Ask for the
Co-Teaching Train the Trainer Room Block (Rates will be available 3 days pre/post event dates)
- Simmons Beautryrest World Class Westbury II Plush mattresses
- iPod/iPhone docking/charging clock radio
- 42" flat screen LCD HD televisions
- Large work desk and ergonomic desk chair
- In-room microwave, refrigerator and coffee service
Other Hotel Amenities:
- Complimentary deluxe hot continental breakfast each day from 6am – 10am
- Indoor pool, whirlpool & kids feature pool 8am – 11pm daily.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout entire hotel
- Free parking (even bus parking)
- Free shuttle to Mall of America (or you can walk as it is directly across the street on the south side)
- 24/7 Fitness center (Precor Equipment – 2 elliptical, 2 treadmills, 1 bike and weight machine)
- 24/7 Business center
- Guest Coin Laundry
- Vending Machines – Coke & Pepsi products
- Rollaway beds available
- Sundries Shop – located by front desk and open 24 hours. Snacks, beverages and other misc. items available to purchase
On-Site Restaurant: RedRossa Italian Grille
- Hours of Operation: M-Sat 11am – 11pm, Sun 11am – 9pm
- Full Bar: M-Sat open ‘til midnight, Sun ‘til 10pm
- Happy Hour Drink & Food Specials in Bar Area only: 3-6pm and 9pm – Close
- Room Service/Poolside Delivery available from 11am – 10pm
- Sunday Brunch: 10am – 2pm
- Many off-site restaurants nearby as well!
Please visit www.bestwesternbloomington.com for more information about our property
Each Best Western® branded hotel is independently owned and operated.